Thank you for your interest in KB Engineering & Consulting, PLLC. KB Engineering & Consulting, PLLC was started in 2009 by its Owner, Kurt M. Bedore, PE and is a certified Service-disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB). His hallmark is in providing responsive, personalized, quality consulting services to clientele and all stakeholders utilizing a team approach in meeting program and project goals. The company has a strong knowledge and experience base with New York State Environmental Quality Review (SEQRA) compliance requirements as related to project permitting.
Kurt has practiced as a lead Program Manager / Project Engineer for several national, regional and local consulting firms on a wide array of projects and has also provided private consulting services as d/b/a KB Consulting since 1998. He brings the best of these experiences to his clients through the company service offerings.
Kurt has been a practicing licensed Professional Engineer since 1998 and has over 30 years of practical design and consulting experience across many Civil & Environmental Engineering disciplines. The company offerings listed on Services Page of this website summarize this in more detail.
The company’s clientele is as diverse as its work experience. Our clients range from individual homeowners for typical services such as custom house, addition, deck, foundation, septic, water , drainage, access, roadway and other infrastructure plans to commercial and residential developers as well as municipal and light industrial entities all in meeting their planning, design, permitting, construction phase and operational & maintenance needs.
In addition to years of practical work experience, Kurt has earned a solid educational background to support his business and engineering consulting offerings to include a Bachelor of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering from Clarkson University and a Master’s in Business Administration concentrating in Environmental Management and Policy from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
The company believes that it requires a strong leadership in combination with knowledge, experience and networking to achieve successful goals. The engineering industry has continued to evolve in terms of addressing compliance with the myriad of Federal, State, and local Codes and regulations. The company has stayed current with these changes through continuing education, seminars and membership in professional organizations to include:
- New York State Society of Professional Engineers (NYSSPE) member
- Member of the Burnt Hills – Ballston Lake Business & Professional Association and Southern Saratoga Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Saratoga County “Return the Favor” Veteran Assistance program offering service discounts to Saratoga County Resident Veterans
- Past membership in the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Water Works Association (AWWA), Air and Waste Management Association and American Society of Military Engineers
- A minimum of 36 hours of continuing education courses every 3 years including topics related to:
- NYSDEC Stormwater Management Design manual
- NYSDEC Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) requirements
- New York State Building Code
- New York Appendix 75-A and Part 5 requirements for individual wastewater treatment and drinking well systems
- “Better Site Design”, “Infiltration Practices” and “Green Infrastructure” seminar classes in support of AP LEED project requirements.
- Retired US rated military officer with 28 years of combined active and reserve duty experience as a Navigator in the United States Air Force and New York Air National Guard. Kurt brings the best of his military command and executive, strategic, program & project management and leadership experiences to his consulting business and clientele.